Wise Introvert entrepreneur,
I see YOU
and I believe in YOU.
It took courage to start your business! You’ve been working hard, but self-promotion is messing with your mind & emotions; bringing up fear, doubt, frustration, and draining your energy.
You’re probably tired of:
- being told to be more like an extrovert to attract customers (which feels manipulative and icky to you);
- feeling uncertain, uncomfortable, and less confident than usual, especially when it comes to putting yourself out there to promote your services;
- knowing that you’re undervaluing and underselling yourself;
- always learning & trying & pushing & giving, but not seeing that effort returned in terms of paying clients.
…and what you really want is to feel more confident, competent, authentic, and secure. You want your business to be a source of energy and pride, not drain and anguish.
I hear you.
And I know that voice of self-doubt that says, “Other people can do this, why can’t I?” “What’s wrong with me?” “Maybe I’m just not cut out for this.”
I’ve been there. Let’s be real. At times, I’m still there.
Because the truth is that being your own boss takes vulnerability, commitment, and courage.
EVERY SINGLE DAY
Entrepreneurship is not just for extroverts!
Throughout my work history, I’ve often felt like an outsider, compromising too much of myself and ultimately becoming resentful and burned out.
I chose to be my own boss so I could create my own place of belonging. One where I had more control over my activities and environment.
But most business tactics seemed designed for extroverts which didn’t feel right for me. And my inner critic was happy to challenge me every step of the way.
It wasn’t that I couldn’t figure out what to do. It was more about how to do it authentically and then getting past the mindset stuff enough to actually do it.
It shouldn’t feel so hard and lonely to create a business that you belong in.
For me, things got better when I trusted my intuition and got out of my own mind spiral.
You deserve to feel strong, capable and valued in your business, without having to change who you are.
That’s why the work I do in Wise Introvert is so important to me. I’m a Courage & Clarity Coach who supports and encourages you to value yourself, to deal with that inner critic, and to find the courage to take steps toward creating a successful business with more confidence. One that actually looks and feels like you.
My special blend of expertise includes being a proud introvert who:
- with a growth mindset, has engaged in business coaching and taken numerous business programs so I can pass that knowledge on to you;
- has been paid to write for small businesses and larger organizations (mostly anonymously) which means that I can be useful when it comes to fine-tuning your content and messaging;
- has a BA in Anthropology. I know that there is more than one right way to do things and I’m committed to helping you find your right fit;
- sees clearly where you are getting caught up and held back by sentimentality, self-doubt, and limiting beliefs that complicate clarity, growth, momentum, and success;
- is a big picture, organized thinker. I’m able to see your larger vision as well as the step by step process required to manifest it so we keep things practical;
- has the ability to see your greater potential (even when you doubt it). I’m not afraid of a bit of ‘tough love’ where required. I care about seeing you BE your best self and succeed.
Integrity matters. I expect a great deal from myself and from you. It’s a collaboration where I will be part coach, consultant, and cheerleader (a low key kind), and you will be open to growth, trusting yourself, and taking action. We’re going to keep it real.
Hi, I’m Marla…
A wagon was my first business. I would load it up with books or toys or lemonade or whatever I thought of on a particular day and hit the road.
Most winters I leave my hubby and daughter behind to travel to a tropical destination. Solo travel is critical for my self-care and energy management.
Beachcombing is one of my greatest pleasures (I happily live within walking distance to salt water). Like pulling weeds in my garden, it’s moving meditation and a way to tune back into my intuition.
Simple things make me smile: the power of quiet, a visiting hummingbird, kitty snuggles, and the warmth of the sun on my skin! A great cup of coffee and a daily dose of chocolate hits the spot too!
Be Brave. Be Seen. Be True. Be YOU.
That’s my message as I extend a warm welcome to you here as part of the Wise Introvert community.
Wisdom = knowledge in action
I believe in you. And it’s time to put your knowledge into action so you can build your business in ways that feel better. When you’re ready to try something different, I’ve got your back.
Come on in, and I’ll see you on the inside.