An introvert test can help you answer the question, “Am I an introvert?”. It can be helpful to complete an assessment because there’s so much misinformation out there about what introversion actually is. Often the questions raise “aha” moments in themselves.
Not to oversimplify, but do you want to know my quick way of guessing if someone is an introvert?
- When asked a question, do you tend to think about your answer before responding?
- Before taking an action, do you tend to think through your options, thoroughly analyzing the “what if’s” before you actually do what you are considering doing?
- If you had the choice between going to a staff party and staying home to relax on your own, what would you normally prefer?
If you answered yes to 1 & 2, and would choose to stay home in 3, I would guess that you’re an introvert.
Notice that it has nothing to do with being shy or quiet or awkward. It’s more about what types of activities energize you, and how you process information.
Extraverts can be shy too. But they will be energized by external stimuli and often talk through their thought process. Because they are more externally focused in this way, it also frees them to take action more quickly than an introvert naturally might feel ready to do.
That said, there is a wide range regarding how strong your introversion or extraversion is. Some people are somewhere in the middle (ambiverts). The point is not to compare yourself or make judgments. It is to understand.
So try out these introvert tests and see what new insights you gain.
- Humanmetrics Jung Typology Test™ – 72 questions that result in your MBTI four letter ‘type’. You don’t have to register to get basic information (then do a web search with your type for more detail). I like it because it shows how strong your preference for introversion is (I’m 89%). Plus it shows how your other preferences come together to describe you.
- Quiet Revolution Personality Test – A quick 10 question quiz that tells you whether you’re an introvert and describes more about introversion, extroversion and ambiversion in the results.
- 23 Signs You’re Secretly An Introvert – From the Huffington Post. It’s not a quiz but you’ll find yourself responding yes or no anyways.
- 16 Personalities – A quick test that results in an MBTI four letter type. The free version offers a brief description of strengths & weaknesses, relationships, and career.
It comes down to understanding yourself better so that you can make authentic choices in your life and work that result in making you feel more happy and more prosperous. It’s about creating a life that actually feels like the real you.